Field Service Technician
Start up and commissioning of PASCO palletizing equipment. PASCO palletizers use Fanuc robots. All equipment comes preprogrammed, but rewriting the robot or PLC program is often required to meet the jobsite requirements. PASCO uses Allen Bradley PLC’s.
The FST is often the primary representative of the company during what for the customer is usually a high stress situation. Because of that, these qualities and skills are critical:
- A positive attitude is a primary quality required
- Self motivated requiring very little supervision.
- Starting up and troubleshooting of robotic palletizing, de-palletizing, machine tending and other packaging and material handling equipment
- Understanding of Frequency Drives, Photocells, Proximity switches, high and low voltage systems, 1 & 3 phase electric circuit
- Network startup – Both Ethernet and Programmable Controller
- Allen Bradley- PLC & HMI Programming, FANUC Robotics checkout and startup
- Peripheral equipment interface (Scales, printers, etc)
- Review Electrical control schematics
- Assistance with and final check of equipment layouts in preparation for installation
- Develop and maintain installation and check-out check lists
- Respond to customer requests in a timely, professional manner.
- Provide feedback on project successes and challenges for ‘lessons learned’ action
- Product testing that may require lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Travel: 50-65% overnight travel expected, including extended stays for start-ups. Out of town durations will vary with locality of projects.
- Occasional significant overtime required when necessary during commissioning/Start-up will be compensated with additional vacation days.
- Energetic, ambitious and hard working . Skilled in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and PLC troubleshooting. Strong knowledge of VFD and servo motion control applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Material Handling, Robotics, Manufacturing or Packaging background required. Strong technical aptitude and extensive knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance. Experience in industrial robotic applications and conveying in the packaging field (palletizers/packers) preferred. Solid understanding of application of contemporary industrial control systems.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Associate (Preferred)
- 3-5 years experience programming industrial automation equipment.
- 3-5 years experience installing/commissioning industrial equipment.
- Must have knowledge in AB PLC’s, Ladder logic, Ethernet communications and Panel Builder.
- Fanuc robotics experience is a plus.
- Travel 2-3 weeks per month.
- Balance of work schedule is at the PASCO St. Louis manufacturing facility.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us today.